OpenTendo – NES Replacement Board Black (Top Loader)
PRE-ORDER This product is scheduled to ship February 28th 2023.
The OpenTendo is an open source board replacement for the Top Loader NES system. This listing is for release V1.0 of NESN-CPU-01. Please note that this board is as close to a 1:1 recreation of the original board and may go so far as to reproduce issues from the original (such as jailbars).
This PCB is 1.6mm thick with a Lead Free HASL finish.
Please be sure to see the release notes here. The Bill of Materials (BOM) can be found here.
Outside of the Bill of Materials a few parts can’t be purchased new. The below parts either need to be harvested or can be purchased from places like Aliexpress, Ebay, or UTSource.
- U5 PPU RP2C02 (harvested from original Famicom/NES or UA6528 (clone)
- U6 CPU RP2A03 (harvested from original Famicom/NES or UA6527 (clone)
- TC1 30pf Capacitor
- DA1,DA3 Diode Array – DAN601
- DA2,DA4 Diode Array – UPA64H
- Q1 – Transistor 2SA937
- Q2 – Transistor 2SC2021
- P1 – Cartridge Port (Must be harvested from original top loading system or New replacement can be used if pins in middle are removed)
- P2 – Power Switch (Must be harvested from original top loading system)
- P3 – Reset Switch (Must be harvested from original top loading system)
- P4 (Labeled P1 and P2 on board) – Custom 2 port NES Controller connector (harvested from original Top loading NES)
- T1 Coil (Must be harvested from original top loading system)
Please note this is an advanced project. There is no tutorial available and no support.
This is an open source project by Redherring32. You can find the source files on his github here.
There are no reviews yet.